Subject: Re: FS: IBM Workpad Z50 / memory expansion re-production run possibilities
To: Ricardo L. A. Banffy <rbanffy@utopia.com.br>
From: nick thompson <nicholas.thompson1@mchsi.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/21/2007 08:17:47
 Ricardo,
 Wow. It sure sounds like you have a decent idea here. I don't think we
will find a defective 32 mb module, but however, I suggest we wait until
there is a z50 w/ 48 mb ram for sale on ebay, and whomever is in on the
"project" splits the cost, and we accept the fact that we are destroying
a rare and hard to get memory module so that more can be made. At that
point we remove the 32 mb module, and then we could re-ebay the z50 w/
16 I suppose, as money back toward the project. At that point, disection
so that reproduction possiblities like you suggested can be
investigated. I would be in on the project (meaning help pay some money
and would order a few modules in the end) if it is actually a
possibility. It would be great to get more z50s upgraded to 48 mb to
make more people interested in them, as a z50 w/ 16 sure isn't as nice
as a z50 w/ 48 mb. Big difference. : )

Nick

"All unix, all the time."

http://npt.ath.cx