Subject: Re: mobilepro 880 and 3.1 instalation
To: shlomo steinberg <shlomost@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/15/2007 07:48:13
On 1/15/07, shlomo steinberg <shlomost@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just bought a 2G CF and install 3.1
>
> turn on the X11 and its seem very fast under twm.
>
> how can I established an network connection trough my pc (serial/usb?)
> I played with pppd with no success

Do you have a network adapter?

My machine is set up with the CF card in the smaller CF card slot on
the right. Then on the left I have an 802.11b card in the PCMCIA slot.
I also have USB network adapters, but I find them difficult to use
because there's something about the way the kernel boots that it shuts
itself down if a USB adapter is attached during boot. Well, mine does
anyway. So I just use either a wireless or wired PCMCIA adapter.

I don't have the serial cable, but I do have a USB serial port that I
use to speak to other machines. Mostly so I can use the 880 to control
the serial console of my Cobalt Qube2.

I have an install document I wrote for NetBSD 2.0, but I think it's
all still relevant:

http://acruhl.freeshell.org/mobilepro880_netbsd.txt

I also have some hardware notes there.

Andy