Subject: Re: pkgsrc
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Isenbarger <isen@charter.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/15/2006 14:01:59
On Dec 14, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Parish, Eric Robert ((UMR-Student)) wrote:

> I shared the pkgsrc directory via nfs and just mounted the nfs
> share on the mobile pro.  That way I just compiled it on my mobile
> pro using the storage on the nfs server.

I have gotten an nfs server set up on my laptop and I am able to
connect to it from the NetBSD machine.  I have it mounted at /usr/pkgsrc

But I am beating my head against problems trying to compile
anything.  I think I need some guidance regarding what variables need
to be set in dealing with the readonly nfs mount.

I keep getting an error that no pkg-vulnerabilities file can be found.

I followed the advice given and installed the audit-packages.  Now,
when I run the download-vulnerabilities-list script, it tells me that
it is not different from the current one.  So there *is* a
vulnerabilities file somewhere that this script sees (I haven't
figured out where the download-vulnerabilities-list script puts it),
but the make is not seeing it.

I have set up a mk.conf in /etc, with WRKOBJDIR=/usr/tmp/pkgsrc and
BULKFILESDIR=/usr/tmp/pkgsrc

(by the way, in examples I sometimes see these variables set with =
and sometimes with ?=; what is the difference?)

Then I get a fetch error: "fetch:  Cannot write to ."
***Error code 1

I assume it is trying to write to the mounted nfs, but cannot since
it is readonly.  Can you help me with what I need to do?

Thanks for your help so far.

Tom Isenbarger