Subject: gnome on NetBSD/MobilePro 790
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Isenbarger <isen@charter.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/12/2006 17:22:00
I have been spending some time the last few days installing and
playing with NetBSD on my MobilePro 790.  I have the full
installation on the machine.  I have X up and running and I have been
trying a few different window managers.  But, I haven't figured out
how to get some sort of desktop environment installed.  I am not
stuck on gnome, so if there is a better or easier environment to
install, that is fine.  I am an intermediate Unix user, but if this
is possible, can someone direct me to a tutorial or give me fairly
detailed instructions for how to get gnome up and running?

thanks,
Tom Isenbarger