Subject: X in 3.1 on Mobilepro 880
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/10/2006 07:01:01
Is anyone using X as of 3.1 on their hpcmips machine? Maybe it's only mine.

I upgraded using the install kernel this time, which I don't normally
do. I normally just unpack the sets and manually merge changes in
/etc. Or sometimes I blow the whole thing away and re-install clean
and then restore /home.

Anyway, X doesn't work. It tries to start, then complains about
various things, sometimes some fonts that it can't find. When it dies,
the keyboard is unuseable, so I have to log in via ssh and reboot it.

Anyone else having X problems on 3.1?

I'll also try it on my mobilepro 790 and see what happens.

Andy