Subject: Re: MP 780 - audio, Irda and USB on PCMCIA
To: Bibok <bibok@tlen.pl>
From: Rory O\"C <roryoc@nc.rr.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/22/2006 12:26:24
Bibok wrote:

> Hi all!
>
>  It's my first mail to this community
>  I have a NEC Mobile Pro 780 with NetBSD 3.1 on board. It's running
> and works pretty good, but maybe can be better? I'm looking for short
> answer about running audio on it (probably:
> vraiu0 at vr4102ip0 addr 0x0b000160-017f
> audio0 at vraiu0: half duplex
> entries in kernel configuration should be enough - can anybody
> correct, if not?) and IrDA. I can't find any tip, how to use it. It's
> possible at all? Or maybe bluetooth trough usb on pcmcia card? I have
> no idea if it can works.
>
> I hope my english will be understandable for you
>
> Best regards
>
> Mariusz

I believe the half-duplex audio is due to the the monoaural 2.5 mm
headsets (telephone type) the MoPro was meant to accomodate ("stereo for
a business handheld???"  - a concept beyond the NEC MoPro designers
apparently ;-)

As for USB (for anything) on PCMCIA, unless some vendor has produced a
16-bit PC card with that (maybe older USB 1.1 cards??), there is no way
the MoPro is going to work with any Cardbus PC card that is all I have
seen with USB, since that slot is strictly 16-bit Type I/II PCMCIA (as I
understand it  ;-).

HTH,
Rory