Subject: Re: Mobilepro battery life.
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Forest Bond <forest@alittletooquiet.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/30/2006 08:37:00
--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 03:06:28PM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On 7/28/06, Ben Collver <collver@peak.org> wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 04:33:18PM -0400, Forest Bond wrote:
> >> Let me know if you'd like info (model no.) on the external battery
> >
> >Yes, please share that!
>
> +1

I don't have the packaging anymore, but the battery itself, a silver plastic
box about 6" x 3" x 3/4", is labeled "Endurance" brand, and I see a number that
may be the model number, "23-561".  It is a 9V/6000mAh Lithium ion battery, and
I recall it was advertised to work with most portable DVD players.  It ships
with an AC adapter for charging, and a short spiraled cable that goes from it
tothe DVD player (or, alternatively, your MP 780).  It comes with 3 or 4 DC plug
adapters that allow it to be inserted into a variety of jacks.  That's all of
the info I can provide.  I don't recall seeing a lot of other similar products
when I bought it at RadioShack, so you shouldn't have too much trouble, as long
as it's not been discontinued.

Actually, just found it on the RadioShack website:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2146432&cp

Thanks to this thing, I haven't rebooted my 780 in months now, and it's been
halfway 'round the world and back (seriously, 24 hours in luggage in standby
mode).

Good luck.

-Forest

--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE