Subject: Re: looking for packages
To: Forest Bond <forest@alittletooquiet.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/14/2006 09:55:08
On 7/14/06, Forest Bond <forest@alittletooquiet.net> wrote:
> This means that my NEC MobilePro 780 can use cobalt binary packages?

Yep, they are both mipsel.

> What are the odds of getting you to build the entire pkgsrc tree, or at least
> some of the more popular packages?

I could build some stuff, and I have some stuff built. I don't have a
whole lot of stuff, and it's on a private machine right now, although
reachable by the internet. I could probably arrange to have you
download it and host it I suppose. As far as building a lot of stuff,
that's probably out. It's not THAT fast, it's just a lot faster than
the hpcmips stuff.

> I will be quite happy to get bash installed.  Haven't seen it for hpcmips
> before, just zsh, ksh.

I'm pretty sure I have some version of bash.

If you have a fast NetBSD machine, you might look into
pkgsrc/emulators/gxemul. It can emulate the Mobilepro, Cobalt, and a
ton of other machines. I don't remember how stable or fast it is, or
if networking works though. It's been a while since I've used it, but
last time I did I used it to test kernel patches since it was much
easier to deal with than trying to do it with a real machine. It works
good enough to do that, for sure. It even replicated a Mobilepro
kernel bug that was unique to the Mobilepro only.

If you have a request list, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Andy