Subject: TERM, locale, etc...
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Forest Bond <forest@alittletooquiet.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/04/2006 11:44:11
--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

Hello, all:

When using a terminal on my NEC MobilePro 780, I see a lot of extraneous
a-caret characters in place of what should be something else.  I think I have
my locale set up properly for UTF-8, and I have tried a number of TERM values.
Anyone seen this before and know a quick fix?

When I am ssh'd into my Linux box, w3m's display gets all out of whack.  Using
some TERM settings, other programs have problems, too.  My Linux box is set up
for UTF-8.

What do I need to do to get a proper display?

BTW, the vim that I've installed seems to handle the backspace key differently
than other vim's.  In insert mode, it refuses to delete characters that were
entered prior to entering insert mode.  Maybe someone has some advice on that,
as well.

thanks,
Forest

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND