Subject: Re: Some questions about Nec MobilePro 790
To: None <gav@bmstu.ru>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/14/2006 15:17:16
On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 02:01:39AM +0400, gav@bmstu.ru wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've just installed installed NetBSD 3.0 on my Nec 790. So, can
> anybody answer me questions, pls :-)
>
> 1. If there any possibility to add virtual consoles in text mode?
> 2. Is there any progress with sound subsystem? I can't make it work.
> 3. When I fall back from X to text my hpc hangs up. The best I can do
> is to execute "shutdown -r now" in xterm.
> 4. Where can I find X configuration files. On my FreeBSD machine I
> have /etc/X11/xorg.conf does NetBSD has something like that?
> 5. How can I calibrate touchscreen? Change bightnes/contrast?

Sound works okay on my 780, but the capabilities are sad.  Basically 8k
mono.

Under NetBSD 2.0, X worked fine.  Under 3.0, my hpc hangs up as well.

NetBSD does not install X configuration files for you.  You would keep
it in /etc/X11/XF86Config.

You cannot change brightness/contrast from within NetBSD.

You calibrate your touchscreen with tpctl.

Cheers,

Ben