Subject: Fwd: X & Window Managers
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: elijah rutschman <elijahr@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/31/2006 21:28:12
Now I have managed to get windowlab up, using initx.  I had been
trying to use Xhpc, which didn't get past the grey screen w/ cursor no
matter how much time passed.
I also hadn't logged out / logged back in after making changes to
.xinitrc, a step which I have read is necessary after making such
changes.

Here is my .xinitrc:
 #! /bin/sh
 xterm -g 60x24+0+0 &
 xconsole &
 exec windowlab

 I also did:

 chmod +x .xinitrc

However, typing "exit" closes all windows, but takes me to a similar
grey screen w/ cursor that I was seeing with Xhpc, at which point it
hangs.  Any advice?

-Elijah