Subject: Re: Z50 Brightness & Contrast
To: None <djb_netbsd@charter.net>
From: pete hilton <saruman@ruvolo-hilton.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/20/2006 09:04:45
On Monday 20 March 2006 06:43 am, djb_netbsd@charter.net wrote:
> The IOCTLs exist in  sys/arch/hpcmips/dev/ite8181.c, but do they work?
>
> djb
>
> int
> ite8181_ioctl(v, cmd, data, flag, l)
> case WSDISPLAYIO_PARAM_BRIGHTNESS:
>    VPRINTF(("ite8181_ioctl: SET:BRIGHTNESS\n"));
>    ite8181_init_brightness(sc, 0);
>    if (dispparam->curval < 0 ||
>        sc->sc_max_brightness < dispparam->curval)
>     return (EINVAL);
>    if (sc->sc_max_brightness > 0) {
>     int org = sc->sc_brightness;
>     ite8181_set_brightness(sc, dispparam->curval);
>     VPRINTF(("ite8181_ioctl: SET:BRIGHTNESS"
>         " org=%d, current=%d\n", org,
>         sc->sc_brightness));
>     return 0;

Hi there,
               Looking at the code in ite8181.c (this ia R3.0 code) you can
see that the "brightness" calls (ite8181_init_brightness et al) end up
calling:-

   config_hook_call(CONFIG_HOOK_GET, CONFIG_HOOK_BRIGHTNESS,&val)

and the like.

Scanning the source from /usr/src/sys on down, there is no call that registers
this config hook for hpcmips machines except for the Sharp Telios machines.

If we can find out what the hardware mechanism is which WINCE uses to tweek
the brightness, we can easily write the necessary hook and then we are in
business.   Similar things apply to the contrast.

So now we need a kind soul who will share the knowledge ..... :-)

cheers
pete

--
pete hilton