Subject: Re: MobilePro 780 power management, ROM replacement
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: elijah rutschman <elijahr@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2006 14:51:31
------=_Part_5754_3079021.1141678291518

> > 3. Has anyone had any luck replaceing the built in boot ROM's on their
> > handhelds?  Without this, every time my battery does finally die, I wil=
> > have to go through the Windows CE setup dialogs (which takes a couple o=
> > minutes, and gets old fast) and then boot NetBSD from Windows CE.  This
> > is no fun at all.
> >
> I've never heard of anyone even attempting this.  BUT, a *great* tip for
> when you have to go through this is to hold down the shift key as
> Windows CE boots.  It will skip the touchscreen configuration and other
> equally annoying things.

My $0.01:

I sometimes don't get to the shift key in time, but I have found that
tapping the touch screen twice, then hitting the Escape key several times
after a reset will also quickly get you out of the configuration menus in
Windows CE.
And as for the annoying sounds, I have found that a simple way to stop this
is to plug a cell-phone headset into the audio jack of my MobilePro.

Cheers,
Elijah

------=_Part_5754_3079021.1141678291518

204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">&gt; 3. Has =
anyone had any luck replaceing the built in boot ROM's on their<br>&gt; han=
dhelds?&nbsp;&nbsp;Without this, every time my battery does finally die, I =
will
ple of<br>&gt; minutes, and gets old fast) and then boot NetBSD from Window=
 of anyone even attempting this.&nbsp;&nbsp;BUT, a *great* tip for
ndows CE boots.&nbsp;&nbsp;It will skip the touchscreen configuration and o=
&nbsp;</div>My $0.01:<br>
found that tapping the touch screen twice, then hitting the Escape key
several times after a reset will also quickly get you out of the
configuration menus in Windows CE.<br>
And as for the annoying sounds, I have found that a simple way to stop
this is to plug a cell-phone headset into the audio jack of my
MobilePro.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Elijah<br>

------=_Part_5754_3079021.1141678291518--