Subject: Re: Mobilepro 780 & wireless
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: elijah rutschman <elijahr@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/06/2006 01:31:55
> Hello all.  I have recently installed netBSD 3.0 on the MobilePro 780,
> and am having trouble configuring my wireless PCMCIA card.  I am
> unable to use wiconfig or ifconfig.  The card is a Proxim Orinoco
> Silver, and the card is recognized as "wi0", however, upon insertion,
> the last two lines output are:
>
> wi0: no supported rate list
> wi0: failed to attach controller

Hello,
I am still having this problem, a little perplexed.  Does anybody have
a clue as to what the problem could be?

the full output, from dmesg, or when I insert the card:

wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0: <Agere Systems, Wireless PC Card Model 0110, , >
pcic0: port 0x14000480-0x140004ff
pcmcia1: card irq 3
wi0: 802.11 address 00:10:c6:1c:00:79
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (1.10.2)
wi0: using default channel list
wi0: no supported rate list
wi0: failed to attach controller