Subject: Does it make sense to install a Swap Partition on a CF card with the advance of CF technology?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Kwan <peterkwan@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/05/2006 09:44:46
--0-1716393591-1141580686=:97165

It has been said that installing a swap partition on a compact flash card (cf card) will shorten its useful life substantially.

  With "life-long" guarantee of modern cf cards, does the above statement still holds. Indeed, what are the grounds for the above statement? Naturally, this seems also affect one's choice in using a mirco-drive or a cf card if a swap partition is necessary. Much obliged if someone could enlighten me in this "hardware" area. Thanks.

  peterkwan
  Hong Kong SAR, PRC

--0-1716393591-1141580686=:97165

		<hr size=1>Relax. Yahoo! Mail