Subject: RE: New on list | Pkgsrc cross-capable?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler Regas <tyler@pdahandyman.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/02/2006 13:28:16
> It's really impressive that we are finally getting ... packages for
hpcmips 3.0.
> Keep up the good work.

I agree. Thanks all :)

> ps. Have we lost hope on getting Minimo to work on our
> platform? Maybe we (I mean, you .. the experts ;-) should
> talk about the realistic options that we have for common
> things like browsing / email etc and come up with one
> standard application for each that should then be compiled
> for our platform.

Since I'm using an MP770 I've pretty much abandoned the idea of using X at
all. I have, instead, focused on using shell tools. I've always been very
fond of Midnight Commander and Lynx (or Links) but it takes two hours to
compile :) I've never compiled and packaged anything for any platform, but
if I can figure it out, I'll do it as well. I'd love to see more shell tools
like MC and Lynx as packages. Oh, and if these pkgs are already out there,
ignore me :)

Thanks!