Subject: Mounting a 2nd CF in a ibm z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: oski <oski2001@hotmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/16/2005 20:04:42
Hi,

I have installed netbsd 2.1 using ftp and went like a charm without any
problems.
Now I would like to install some of the packages compiled by Nicholas
Melnick. I downloaded the packages to a CF formatted as FAT, one partition
only and using my windows box. I did that in the past without problems but
this time did not work.
I am doing the following:

1. Insert the CF using an adapter in the PCMCIA slot. The CF is correctly
identified as wd1.
2. Doing "mount -t msdos dev/wd1d /mnt1" I get a "no disk label "
3. I did "disklabel wd1" and got a fictitiuos disklabel indicating 8
partitions with partitions d  e  f g  and h unused.
4. Doing "disklabel -e wd1" I get a "/dev/rwd1d: device busy" answer.
5.Doing "mount -t msdos /dev/wd1d /mnt" i get a "device busy" answer.

I read the instructions of mounting a msdos file systems, but can not
reproduce it.
What I am missing or doing wrong??????

Any help will be much appreciated.

oski