Subject: method for compiling packages for Nec MobilePro 780
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/11/2005 06:40:37
In the past, I've installed packages for my Nec MobilePro by having
swap and /usr/pkgsrc on a FreeBSD computer and using them via NFS.  In
an effort to make it easier after installing NetBSD 2.1, I'm
considering whether it would be better to run swap and pkgsrc
locally by installing NetBSD to a 6GB microdrive or buying a cobalt
raq2 on ebay.  The raq2 would actually be cheaper than the microdrive;
and would provide yet another educational experience.  The larger
microdrive would provide more resources for the mobilepro on an ongoing
basis.  I'm not sure what to decide.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Andrew Gould