Subject: Re: new to netbsd!
To: seshu yamajala <syamajala@gamebox.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/27/2005 07:28:39
On 9/26/05, seshu yamajala <syamajala@gamebox.net> wrote:
> Hi! I am new to netbsd. I have a clio 1050. I just recently setup
> netbsd 2.0.2 on a quad pentium pro in my basement. I also installed
> the hpcmips cross compilers and everything. It takes a while to
> compile things on the system, but tomorrow i am gonna start compiling
> the new kernel. I tried to do it once today, but got an error i
> started compiling the kernel again to see if it would happen, but i
> don't think it has gotten that far in the process yet. It will
> probably be a while before it does. I ran config to check my file and
> everything seemed ok. I patched the kernel with the patches i found
> on the mailing list by Matt Orgass. I also have a few questions about
> hardware and things, but those will come later. For now i just wanted
> to say hi!

You shouldn't have to install anything to do cross compiles, that's
all handled by build.sh in /usr/src. You just do ./build.sh -m hpcmips
<etc etc> and it builds everything as hpcmips executables. Is this
what you're doing?

I wasn't aware of any kernel patches needed for that machine, but I
don't have one either. If the patch is necessary, it's probably worth
sending a pr and getting it integrated, if possible.

Andy