Subject: Re: My first stab at netbsd on a z50 - cf, wifi, etc
To: dereck <dereckhaskins@yahoo.com>
From: ROC <roryoc@nc.rr.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/16/2005 22:23:20
NetBSD's installer on the MoPro can read the install files just fine
from a DOS FAT filesystem CF card.   Or you can choose installing over
the Internet with a supported PCMCIA ethernet NIC after booting the base
installer from a small FAT partition (3-4MB) on a CF card, while leaving
most of the room on the card for the installation  (512MB at least, 1 GB
would definitely give you more useful room to install more packages down
the road). - this would become your boot-from-Wince, and installation
card combo.  You may have to go back and forth with a few sessions of
booting /formatting/copying to get to the install phase depending on
what CF cards and space on them you have to work with.  And of course
you would have to work out how to get the intial loader on a card - a
USB CF card (or multi-flash RAM) writer hooked to a PC from which you
download the NetBSD installation files would be a fairly typical method
these days.

HTH,
Rory