Subject: My first stab at netbsd on a z50 - cf, wifi, etc
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: dub20 <dub_twenty@fastmail.fm>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/15/2005 23:18:37
I've just received my first ibm z50. The largest media I have right now
are two 64mb CF cards. I'm not even sure if it's possible to install a
full netbsd/X system on this size card. It seems to cost ~$100+sh for
either a 1gb CF or microdrive, so is there any reason I should go for
one over the other?  As for the size, what is the upper limit on the
CF/microdrive? I ask because I could also get a generic 2.2gb for ~$25 more.
As for a wireless nic, any difference in function/compatibility between
the cf and pcmcia cards?
Anything else I should keep in mind as I begin this process?
Thanks
jose