Subject: Re: 3.0_BETA on z50, mostly works
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Svend Sorensen <ssorensen@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/28/2005 10:18:50
On 7/28/05, Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/28/05, Alexander Bochmann <ab@lists.gxis.de> wrote:
> >
> > last night I finally managed to cross-build a
> > working version of NetBSD 3 for the z50 (I assume
> > that's what I get when I check out -rnetbsd-3?)...
> > Just a short report, had to go to work this morning
> > before I could do any further testing..
> > [snip]
>
> I would call this a definite step down compared to 2.0.2 though. 2.0.2
> "just works" with everything I've tried.

The 2.0.2 netbsd-GENERIC kernel wouldn't boot (for me) on a z50.  I
had to apply darkstar's patches to get it to work.  3.0 is still in
beta, so I imagine these issues will be resolved before it is
released.

I have also found that the netbsd-2 branch (which will become
netbsd-2.1)  wouldn't boot on my z50.  I didn't check, but it is
probably the same mipsX_subr.S issue.