Subject: Re: Adding PCMCIA wireless card
To: Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com>
From: SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/28/2005 12:47:02
	"Tim Underwood" <TimU@hightouchinc.com> said:

> I need to add a Prism based PCMCIA wireless card mfg/device ID, etc., so
> it will be recognized as a wi? into netbsd 2.0.2

> Can someone quickly point me to the location where I need to make the
> change?

1. Add the entry to sys/dev/pcmcia/pcmciadevs
2. Type "cd sys/dev/pcmcia; make -f Makefile.pcmciadevs" to generate
  pcmciadevs.h and pcmciadevs_data.h
3. edit sys/dev/pcmcia/if_wi_pcmcia.c and add the entry to wi_pcmcia_products[]

> (I'm really hoping beyond hope this doesn't require a kernel
> recompile, my MobilePro 880 is going to get REAL tired....).

How about cross-compiling the kernel on faster machine by using build.sh?
--
soda