Subject: itronix Husky FEX21
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Addison <andrew@rubydemon.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/19/2005 13:05:45
Hello,

I've been trying to get my Husky FEX 21 running netbsd/hpcmips.  It has a half
vga (640x240) colour screen, MIPS TX3922 running at 129MHz, 16MB ram, running
HPC-2000, 1 compactflash port, 2 pcmcia sockets, irda, a keyboard (open book
style) and stylus.  It doesn't use a floppy or hard drive, but I managed to
load up as much as I could on to a 1GB CF card and had a go with the nearest
machine I could see that might be compatible (I guessed a sharp Mobilon HC-
4500 was the nearest... incorrectly, but all I needed to do was a hard reset).

Anyway, before I start building from source and having a go at getting this to
work (I'm a developer by trade), has anyone had a go porting to this
particular platform?  Has anyone had any obvious problems or hints specific to
this platform?  Any information would be appreciated as could save me a lot of
time.

Naturally, in the mean time if I have any success I will post my findings back
to this group.

Cheers,
Andrew