Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: William Ball <bball@tux.org>
From: come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/16/2005 09:42:56
On 7/16/05, William Ball <bball@tux.org> wrote:
> - i'm very sorry you're having trouble with your Z50... i have not run
> across the power situation you describe... i have two Z50s w/extra
> dual-LiIon batteries and both units work still work just fine after a
> number of years...

:(

> - but i don't doubt that the single unit LiIons may be going bad at
> this point...
>=20
It can be, but i think that also the workpad have something wrong...

> - also, don't forget that (IIRC) the Z50's power supply was subject to
> a recall...

I don't have the original power supply. I bought another one new with
the same specs.
=20
> - it's a shame you're not in the U.S., as i'd be happy to help you out
> w/a unit (i've already given away a NOS DIMM upgrade)...
>=20

many thanks. for the DIMM upgrade, perhaps it can be later! now I've
to solve this problem with the device... :D

> - i never use the backup alkaline batteries in my Z50s... there is a
> bit of 'trickiness' in reset or resume when changing out power, or
> going from restart or shutdown mode...=20
>(you have not mentioned using
> the 'reset' function by inserting a paperclip into the small hole on
> the underside of the unit)...

I tried the both procedure, soft reset and hard reset.
=20
> - good luck, and don't give up - the Z50 is a nice little NetBSD
> laptop, even with AA batteries!
>=20

I'm sure about it, but I don't know if I can use z50 with wifi only
with AA... i think that I can use it only for 2 hours and then... new
AA batteries! :/

many thanks.

--=20
keep in mind the power of antani