Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com>
From: mayo's <oski2001@hotmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/16/2005 00:34:23
Hi,

My first idea was that the overcurrent protection function in the battery
was activated (in both), surprising that happens with both but consistent
with the fact that the machine works with the AA pack.

But this is not consistent with the fact that your machine does not work
without the battery. I tried mine and it works. So the overprotection may be
an issue but it is something else wrong with your machine.
When using the AA pack why not try the diagnostic utility?(Run
\windows\ibmdiag.exe).
Question: you said the led stays always green, that means even without the
ac power connected? I do not think so.
Question 2: have you contacted the seller? Seems a case of DOA that ebay and
paypal should deal with.
Finally try leaving the machine alone for 24 hs without battery and back-up
batteries.
Good luck