Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com>
From: William Ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/15/2005 21:44:37
- i'm very sorry you're having trouble with your Z50... i have not run
across the power situation you describe... i have two Z50s w/extra
dual-LiIon batteries and both units work still work just fine after a
number of years...

- but i don't doubt that the single unit LiIons may be going bad at
this point...

- also, don't forget that (IIRC) the Z50's power supply was subject to
a recall...

- it's a shame you're not in the U.S., as i'd be happy to help you out
w/a unit (i've already given away a NOS DIMM upgrade)...

- i never use the backup alkaline batteries in my Z50s... there is a
bit of 'trickiness' in reset or resume when changing out power, or
going from restart or shutdown mode... (you have not mentioned using
the 'reset' function by inserting a paperclip into the small hole on
the underside of the unit)...

- good luck, and don't give up - the Z50 is a nice little NetBSD
laptop, even with AA batteries!

:-)

regards,

billy ball
http://www.tux.org/~bball/z50
Pineapple Junction, Fla. (Pinellas Park)