Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/15/2005 20:05:34
On 15.07.05, 19:21:21, come se fosse antani wrote:

> do you think that maybe AC adapter have enough 'power'' to let the led
> become green but not enough to use directly the workpad or charge
> batteries?

I consider it possible. More likely, though, the fault is on the
mainboard with the voltage regulator / battery charger circuitry,
In which case you're probably out of luck.

> my power supply have this values. output: 19 VDC 3,2 A (MAX 4,2).
> I read somewhere (ebay auction of an original IBM AC adapter [1]) that
> it need 2,4A.
> Are you sure that it need also 20 V and not 19?

No, I wasn't sure if it was 19 or 20V. In practice it will probably
work with either, and the idle voltage of the power supply is more
likely closer to 20V, even if it's nominally 19V.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Not all of the First Ones have gone away.