Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: None <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de, port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/15/2005 19:13:30
On 7/15/05, Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> On 15.07.05, 09:17:43, Svend Sorensen wrote:
> >
> > WinCE has a battery charge indicator in the control panel (IIRC).
> > What does it say about the battery?
>=20
> Just press F12 ("A12") in Windows CE to get the charge indicator.

I explained not so well the problem...
I _can't_  (lcd remain blank and off) turn the z50 on in this 3 falls:
1.with only Li-Ion battery (either the normal and the extended)
2.with Li-ion and AC adapter
3.only with AC adapter

The only way to use my z50 (today I tried to install NetBSD...:D ) is
with the 'external case that can be used instead of the Li-Ion
battery, that takes 8 AA cells as the main power supply"-

## Wie lange dauert mit dieser AA akku?=20
Und wenn ich auch eine ethernet pcmcia lan-karte benutze oder, besser,
wifi lan? Ich moechte verstehen, ob es sich loehnt oder nicht. sonst
soll ich alles zuerueck dem Verkaeufer versenden um _teil_ des Gelds
zurueckzuhaben. ## [DE]

Sorry but I don't know how to translate in english...

>I guess you can use NiMH cells, but the z50 won't recharge
> them in place.=20
yes. I think to buy something to recharge the cells, but...

>Also be aware that the voltage is quite a bit lower (1.2 instead
> of 1.5 V) so it may not work reliably.

mmmh. the normal AA cells are 1,5V. do you mean that the Ni-Mh are
1.2V? and if it's so, do you think that are not enough to use with the
z50?
 I would to have more than 20 minutes of life battery...

thanks.

Anyone of you is coming to what_the_hack at end of july?
perhaps I can do there some tests: other AC adapter, other Li-Ion
batteries, other workpads... in order to understand where is the
problem.