Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/15/2005 19:09:43
On 15.07.05, 18:42:59, come se fosse antani wrote:

> main battery low (and also non-chargeable) - i think - is the answer.
> but...
> - can the z50 works only with AC and without Li-ion batt? For my, it
> don't works. I repeat my situation: my z50 works only with AA.

Yes, should work, I have often exchanged the batteries during
operation, I can't remember ever turning it on without main battery,
but I guess it should work, too.

> - with _very low_ main batteries AND ac adapter should it works? in my
> fall, it don't works.

With totally empty batteries, you should be able to turn on the
machine as soon as you plug in the AC adapter.

Have you checked the voltage from the power supply? iirc it should
be some 20V. If possible, also check under load (a faulty power
supply may still provide full idle voltage, but not be able to
supply enough current). If you're unsure how to do that, ask an
electric engineer how to apply a load resistor correctly, lest you
short-circuit your power supply.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: Are you old enough to run it?