Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: Svend Sorensen <ssorensen@gmail.com>
From: come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/15/2005 18:42:59
On 7/15/05, Svend Sorensen <ssorensen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/15/05, come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> > I received yesterday my z50 (from ebay).
> > I plugged the ac (with a li-ion battery) and let the battery charge.
> > after 30 mins, the battery led was green (before was amber) and I try
> > to turn it on. It works, but after few mins wince tell me that the
> > battery was too low. ok.
>=20
> Does this error talk about the _backup_ batteries being to low?  I run
> my z50 without the AA backup batteries, so I get this error every time
> I restart the z50.
>=20
don't know. I try to replace the backup batteries.
anyway the error tell about main batteries.

> WinCE has a battery charge indicator in the control panel (IIRC).
> What does it say about the battery?
>=20
it don't show anything because my z50 don't turn it on with li-ion and
ac. only way to use is with AA.

> > no problem. let it charge, but... the led is never more amber, ever
> > green. also with the extended battery (never used and charged)...
>=20
> Green means the battery is fully charged.

yep. but it can't be true. the batteries _are_ low.

=20
> > I try let the battery charge for one night. nothing. same problem.
> > the only way to use the z50 is with the AA pack (apropos: can I use
> > rechargeable AA?).
>=20
> The AA batteries aren't needed for NetBSD.  You only need them if you
> want to save your state in WinCE.
>=20
> > then, the z50 don't turn it in in this cases:
> > - AC plugged without battery
> > - only battery plugged (I tried with the normal and the extended)
> > - AC and battery (normal and extended).
>=20
> The z50 will not turn on with the battery lock slide in the unlocked posi=
tion.

yes. the battery lock slide are in the right position.

>=20
> > I've made some tests:
> > - soft reset. nothing changes.
> > - hard reset. nothing changes.
> > - with ac and battery, I tried to remove backup battery and turn it
> > on. sometimes it turn on for 3 seconds (showing me POST screen),
> > notification led flashes and then the z5o turn off. I tried another
> > time to turn it on, but nothing.
>=20
> If the z50 turns on, then back off, it is probably a very low main
> battery, or a hardware problem.
>=20

main battery low (and also non-chargeable) - i think - is the answer.
but...
- can the z50 works only with AC and without Li-ion batt? For my, it
don't works. I repeat my situation: my z50 works only with AA.
- with _very low_ main batteries AND ac adapter should it works? in my
fall, it don't works.

thanks
--=20
keep in mind the power of antani