Subject: Re: power problems on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/15/2005 18:32:33
On 15.07.05, 09:17:43, Svend Sorensen wrote:

> WinCE has a battery charge indicator in the control panel (IIRC).
> What does it say about the battery?

Just press F12 ("A12") in Windows CE to get the charge indicator.

> > I try let the battery charge for one night. nothing. same problem.
> > the only way to use the z50 is with the AA pack (apropos: can I use
> > rechargeable AA?).
>
> The AA batteries aren't needed for NetBSD.  You only need them if you
> want to save your state in WinCE.

He's talking about the external case that can be used instead of
the Li-Ion battery, that takes 8 (or 9?) AA cells as the main power
supply. I guess you can use NiMH cells, but the z50 won't recharge
them in place. Also be aware that the voltage is quite a bit lower (1.2 instead
of 1.5 V) so it may not work reliably.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: serves you right.