Subject: Re: Running NetBSD 2.0 on Vadem Clio 1050?
To: David Crawshaw <david.crawshaw@gmail.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/11/2005 17:49:42
On 2005-07-11 david.crawshaw@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all. I'm trying to get a Clio running NetBSD 2.0, but I think my
> simple-minded approach of trying a GENERIC kernel has got me in
> trouble.
[...]
> And nowhere does the dmesg talk about pci. I'm new to NetBSD but have
> a bit of user experience with another BSD. Do I have to whip up my own
> kernel, or does someone have a binary lying about? My only other
> machine is a netbsd live cd, but I could probably work it out if I
> could get a hint as to the problem.

  There is a PR for this; I don't think my patches got committed yet.  I
don't have the number handy, but look under port-hpcmips (you might also
want the keymap changes to enable PgUp, etc. with the Fn key).  It looks
like the interrupt patch didn't make 2.0.2, so you will need to apply that
one too (this is the vr.c patch in
http://www.city-net.com/~darkstar/netbsd/hpcmips.diff ; the rest shouldn't
affect you unless you want to use dbsym to get symbols for ddb or use
LOCKDEBUG).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com