Subject: Re: Running NetBSD 2.0 on Vadem Clio 1050?
To: David Crawshaw <david.crawshaw@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/11/2005 06:09:16
On 7/10/05, David Crawshaw <david.crawshaw@gmail.com> wrote:
> boot device: <unknown>
> root device:

This just means that you don't have a device that has the NetBSD sets
installed. Or do you? I think you don't though. NetBSD wants to boot
off of wd0a. Look in your dmesg for wd0. If you have one, great. If
not, this could be a problem. On my particular machine (Mobilepro
880), I can also boot off of a USB disk, and at the root device:
prompt I just type sd0 or sd0a. Or I can recompile the kernel to boot
from sd0 by default. But I finally got a CF card big enough and
formatted it properly so that I have a wd0a to boot from.

This model doesn't have much information in the supported devices
page... I'm not sure if that's because there just isn't any info or it
actually doesn't work.

Anyway, you need to format your CF card. I was told by another guy a
clever way to do this. If it doesn't work, you just reformat the card
and put an install kernel on it and try again. Check this link, read
section 5:

http://acruhl.freeshell.org/mobilepro880_netbsd.txt

How big is your CF card? Can you get on the network with that thing?

Andy