Subject: Running NetBSD 2.0 on Vadem Clio 1050?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: David Crawshaw <david.crawshaw@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/11/2005 15:49:16
Hi all. I'm trying to get a Clio running NetBSD 2.0, but I think my
simple-minded approach of trying a GENERIC kernel has got me in
trouble.

I have a CF card formatted up with fat/ffs partitions and
base.tgz/etc.tgz on the ffs. pbsdboot.exe runs and loads a kernel,
which gives me nice output on the screen. But I get stuck at:

boot device: <unknown>
root device:=20

And nowhere does the dmesg talk about pci. I'm new to NetBSD but have
a bit of user experience with another BSD. Do I have to whip up my own
kernel, or does someone have a binary lying about? My only other
machine is a netbsd live cd, but I could probably work it out if I
could get a hint as to the problem.

I can type out the whole dmesg if you need.

Thanks!