Subject: Re: minimo
To: Masahiko Ito <m-ito@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/07/2005 15:35:51
On Apr 6, 2005 5:57 PM, Masahiko Ito <m-ito@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp> wrote:
> Andy Ruhl wrote:
> >> and It

> >> `ac_add_options
> >> library ?
> >>
> >> That sounds like good advice, I will try that. Thanks!
> >
> >D'oh! Didn't work. Curiously, even though my .mozconfig says
> >--without-pthreads, it still built with pthreads if you look at the
> >ldd output. Is that the right option? I didn't save the build log, I
>
> I could see following logic in configure, so I supposed
> `--without-pthreads' option is right.
>
> 8677 # Check whether --with-pthreads or --without-pthreads was given.
> 8678 if test "${with_pthreads+set}" = set; then
> 8679   withval="$with_pthreads"
> 8680   if test "$withval" = "yes"; then
> 8681      if test "$USE_PTHREADS"x = x; then
> 8682     { echo "configure: error:  --with-pthreads specified for a system without pthread support " 1>&2; exit 1; };
> 8683 fi
> 8684   elif test "$withval" = "no"; then
> 8685     USE_PTHREADS=
> 8686     _PTHREAD_LDFLAGS=
> 8687
> 8688   else
> 8689     { echo "configure: error: Option, pthreads, does not take an argument ($withval)." 1>&2; exit 1; }
> 8690   fi
> 8691 fi
>
> but I see configure script carefully again, I noticed `--without-pthreads'
> option is appeared only in COMMENT line :-<
> and `--with-pthreads=no' option may be right.
>
> Excuse me that I can't promise `--with-pthreads=no' works fine :)
>
> >probably should have done that. I suppose I could just give up and try
> >your 1.6.2 package, but where's the fun in that? Besides, I already
>
> I agree your opinion :)
> Trying and getting answer by myself is BIG pleasure.
>
> >File attached with .mozconfig, ldd, gdb and error message if anyone
> >with a kind heart would like to help a fool like me...
>
> If I will get new CF storage, I will try build minimo on
> NetBSD-2.0/hpcmips.

Hmm. --with-pthreads=no didn't work. ldd still shows pthreads being
pulled in. Maybe this is a mozilla bug?

Maybe I'll try a little harder to get your 1.6.2 package working...
I'd just like to see it work at this point.

I could probably set you up with a login to my Qube if you want,
should I do that? Building minimo only takes 8-10 hours compared to
your 30 hours (!). Email me off the list if you want.

I've heard of problems with Mozilla not building on other archs too,
which isn't too cool. Mozilla is a really nice piece of software, when
it works!

Thanks for your work so far.

Andy