Subject: Re: Problems with APM on MBPro 880
To: Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/01/2005 04:28:28
On Mar 25, 2005 6:57 AM, Tim Underwood <TimU@hightouchinc.com> wrote:
> I've just noticed today, that the apm manager has what appears to be a
> bug.
>
> Overnight, my battery ran down to a low state.  Even with the AC adapter
> plugged in, the apm keeps shutting down the system with a "battery state
> critical" message.  The only way it will run is to remove the battery so
> it is running on AC.
>
> There's nothing wrong with the battery or the AC adapter, CE will run
> fine and will happily let the battery charge away.  Somehow, netbsd
> doesn't seem to know or care that the AC is plugged in.

Not sure if it's related, but I posted something that I suspect is
related to APM as well a little while ago.

Sometimes the kernel just won't boot if the battery is at a certain
state of charge. It starts to boot then goes into suspend and won't
come out till I hard reset it. If I plug in the AC adapter, it starts
working again.

Maybe it's best to just disable apm in the kernel?

Andy