Subject: z50 hardware question
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <justin@shiningsilence.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/07/2005 14:59:29
Here's a question for the z50 users: I picked up an IBM z50 unit that
seems to be physically OK - the power light will go green, then amber when
plugged in, but won't stay on when unplugged.  The unit won't turn on,
otherwise - no screen display, no sounds, nothing.  I see no physical
damage on the unit, and the previous owner says it would turn on.  Digging
through the IBM docs doesn't seem to have a direct answer.

Is it as simple as a battery replacement, or some similar trick?  I want
to get NetBSD installed on this thing, and it'd be nice not to have to go
searching for another unit to scavenge from/replace.