Subject: Re: How to start X11?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Robin L. <direct2system@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/17/2005 07:08:14
"Andy Ruhl" <acruhl@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:78a2305a050217055131023764@mail.gmail.com...
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 04:20:15 -0700, Robin L. <direct2system@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Its strange, but I realised that 2.0 does not like the msdos partn in my
>> 2nd
>> CF card at all. It crashes when I tried to mount it. It also crashes when
>> try to mount my msdos partn in the 1st CF.
>>
>> But it works flawlessly in 1.6.2.
>> Now I got X11 up and running in 1.6.2.
>>
>> Is this a bug in 2.0?
>>

> Yeah, I think it is. I can't get it to work either. But I did mount a
> msdos partition on my USB hard drive, so I don't know what's up with
> that...
>
> I assume you're at the db> prompt? Can you type out what it says here?
> Also, can you type bt? It would also be nice if you can type synch and
> get the crash dump, but I've never been able to do that.
>
> Andy

I suspect its on the pcmcia driver thingie which is why your USB hard drive
works without a hitch. You think so?

Actually, I mostly get a hang when I try to mount my msdos partn in 2.0.

If I try to install via ftp to my CF card, it gives a TLB or db break. I now
have 1.6.2 installed and working with X11 running just fine. Everything is a
bit raw, but I'm not complaining! :p ... just waiting for kind Eric to
upload the png-1.2.5nb2.tgz package so I can complete my dillo installation
and test run the browser.

btw, would I be able to run KDE or some desktop shell on NetBSD1.6.2?