Subject: Re: Pkgsrc - partial install?
To: S Dobson <sd20@york.ac.uk>
From: George E Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/10/2005 22:04:20
Hi Steve,

As I said, lack of space on hpcmips boxes :-)  I don't see why you need
all of pkgsrc -- audio, for example, if you don't need audio apps -- but
some packages grab dependencies from all over (gnome-based apps are
notorious for this).  The simplest solution is to install pkgsrc on an
i386 box somewhere on the network and mount_nfs /usr/pkgsrc.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project