Subject: Re: The state of NetBSD on the z-50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Snappy! <direct2system@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/09/2005 15:32:05
Unfortunately, while I keep hearing people say 1.6.2 or 2.0 works just fine
on their system, no one gives very specific details on their setup.

For myself, I've found that if I setup my CF card with a dos partn, I need
to make only two slice, 1 ffs and 1 swap in the netbsd partn. Or else the
dos partn goes crazy or the ffs partn goes crazy, and I get TLBs, hang or
core dump altogether.

FYI, I've tried FTP installation many times and it never quite work once.
I've had success with downloading all the files using my wifi cf card thru
FTP but when untarring, base.tgz almost always hangs or drop to debug mode.

I use to use two 512MB CFs to do my installation: 1 for bootloader in dos +
netbsd partn, 2nd CF to contain the tgz sets. Unfortunately, I cannot seem
to mount the 2nd CF without a core dump, no matter what I try. So now I use
download the tgz sets and squeeze them into the dos fat partn (wd0e) in 1st
CF, do sysinst into the netbsd partn (wd0a).

Hope this helps you.

-Robin