Subject: Success with MP790 but need help to restart
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Snappy! <direct2system@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/09/2005 07:58:21
I managed to get the base install (kernel-GENERIC.tgz, base.tgz & etc.tgz)
installed finally. But when I set password for root and try to relogin, my
password failed!!! *panic*

Before that, when I tried to restart to wince so that I can add in new
packages, I could not. Typing #reboot simply restart netbsd (which is very
nice!) and #shutdown now also basically does the same thing. I cannot seem
to restart back to wince, short of doing a soft reset.

When I do a soft reset, it seem to corrupt the ffs partition badly and now I
must reinstall. Is there a safe stage or mode where I can do a soft reset
without messing up the fss partn?

Thanks!

-Robin