Subject: Re: How to mount 2nd CF FAT16/32 card from the installation boot?
To: None <direct2system@yahoo.com>
From: Jurrie Lulofs <jurrie@sackheads.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/04/2005 11:44:31
What worked for me to get sysinst started with the distribution on another
CF card is to

1. go to the shell,
2. create a new directory (i.e.: mkdir /my_mnt),
3. mount the partition holding the distribution (mount /dev/wd0e /my_mnt
[note, I may have wd0 and wd1 mixed up]),
4. exit the shell,
5. instruct sysinst to install from a previously mounted file system.

This got sysinst working for me - but it crashed at some point when un-
tarring/un-gzipping one of the tgz files.  My experience (well, my
recollection thereof) was that if I did not create a new directory on
which I'd mount the source partition that the installation would fail.  I
believe sysinst mounts other filesystems/partitions using /mnt which led
to undesired/unexpected results.

Good luck.

jurrie