Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 installation woes
To: None <direct2system@yahoo.com>
From: Jurrie Lulofs <jurrie@sackheads.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/04/2005 10:11:44
> I've been trying to install 2.0 on my MP790 ... I can get to boot from
the
> the basic netbsd and start sysinst, detect and install my Pretec wifi cf
> card, setup the partitions (I choose to use the whole disk for NetBsd,
> except for 16MB for FAT16 to store the bootloader. All on my 512MB CF).
>
> I install via ftp through my wifi card. Everything downloads fine, but
when
> it tries to untar the files, it hangs! Any idea?

Fetch the new 2.0 kernels (URL posted earlier this month).

Using an early version of these I was able to get a bit further with
sysinst but could not complete the installation successfully.  I'm able to
run using the generic kernel, but did a manual installation from an i386
NetBSD system with compact flash reader.

For anyone with MobilePro installation issues I'd recommend giving the
updated 2.0 kernel a shot.

jurrie