Subject: NetBSD 2.0 installation woes
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Jurrie Lulofs <jurrie@sackheads.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/19/2005 00:19:21
After trying to install NetBSD 2.0 on a MobilePro 780 in every possible
way (via ftp, nfs, or local storage - in disk sharing or dedicated disk
flavors) I've come to the realization that it's just not going to fly.  I
suspect that the main reason is related to interrupt handling (lots of
"ISA IRQ 3 -> vrgiu0 port 9, level high through" messages associated with
pcmcia1 and pcmcia0).  I've also seen a few "panic: TLB out of universe"
messages when newfs was running, and other "Stopped in pid xx.1" msgs
associated with sysinst and progress.

Are there 2.0 kernels (sysinst and GENERIC) available that alleviate these
issues?  If not, I suppose I should try 1.6.1/1.6.2.  Should I expect
these releases to install OK?

cheers,

jurrie