Subject: Install doc for the NEC Mobilepro 880
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/15/2005 08:43:18
Hello all. This is the first real NetBSD doc I've ever written, so go
easy on me! I know it's probably way too long.

The reason I wrote it is because it was docs like this that really got
me into using NetBSD on hardware other than the obvious ones. Booting
methods and how to get non standard hardware to work is not
immediately obvious to the newbie, so I'm hoping this helps. I'm the
eternal newbie!

This should probably work for the Mobilepro 800, and probably a lot of
the other Mobilepro series as well.

http://acruhl.freeshell.org/mobilepro880_netbsd.txt

Thanks to everyone who helped, particularly Todd Vierling. And anyone
else who answered my often stupid questions.

Any help or fixes to this doc would be welcome. I'm not up to speed on
creating patches so they can be applied, but I need to learn that.

Andy