Subject: Re: mouse buttons on mobilepro 780?
To: Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/07/2005 22:33:12
On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:45:16 -0600, Andrew L. Gould <algould@datawok.com> wrote:
> On Friday 07 January 2005 07:58 am, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> > On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:47:29 -0600, Andrew L. Gould
> <algould@datawok.com> wrote:

> > > There's good information at:
> > >
> > > man Xhpc
> >
> > Ok, I read that again but I still don't seem to get it. Forgive me,
> > I'm slow:
> >
> >      -just touch
> >                  = click left button
> >
> >      -[win] + touch + 2
> >                  = click middle button
> >
> >      -[win] + touch + 3
> >                  = click right button
> >      Also, you can use 4th and 5th button.
> >
> > Can someone tell me what this means? I think this means holding down
> > the windows key while touching the screen, but what does +2 or +3
> > mean? What are the 4th and 5th buttons?
> >
> > I can probably submit a patch for the man page if this needs to be
> > more clear. So far I don't understand it...
> >
> > Andy
>
> The +2 and +3 refer to the keys for the numbers 2 and 3 respectively.
> If you have a fancy mouse with 5 buttons, keys 4 and 5 should also
> work.

Ahh, I got it. Hold down the windows key and the number 2 key at the
same time, then click, and this simulates the middle button. Hold down
the windows key and the number 3 key at the same time, and this
simulates the right mouse button.

Works fairly well. Just don't drag the stylus if you weren't meaning to!

Andy