Subject: Re: hpcmips packages? how are they created?
To: kelly felkins <kellyfelkins2003@yahoo.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/22/2004 05:44:43
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:46:23 -0800 (PST), kelly felkins
<kellyfelkins2003@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How are the hpcmips packages created? It appears that there are no
> precompiled binaries for 2.0 or 1.6.2.

Some architectures they just don't store binaries for. Even amd64,
which I think is getting fairly popular, they don't have any at the
main site. Probably just because pkgsrc works, and they need to save
disk space. I never found out why exactly some architectures have
binary packages and some don't.

When I build something from pkgsrc I tend to use "make package" then I
store stuff on my file server in case I need it later. I also have a
cobalt which should be quite a bit faster than most stuff under
hpcmips, although newer stuff might be faster...

Andy