Subject: Re: HPCBoot "Can't Boot Kernel Image"
To: Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail@sabahattin-gucukoglu.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/19/2004 21:07:57
On 2004-10-19 mail@sabahattin-gucukoglu.com wrote:

> Here is the source of my short program:
[...]
> *pref.dir_user_path=L"\\Storage Card\\";
[...]
> *pref.kernel_user_file=L"freesoft.gz"; /*Sorry, just couldn't resist.*/

  Is this type of assignment supposed to work in C++?  It has been a while
since I used it :).

> Can anyone help me out here?  I've tried variations of pathnames and
> filenames in both unicode and plain ASCII (char vs wchar_t) to no avail.
> We're obviously getting *somewhere* since the bootloader is trying to boot
> *something*.

  They are wide characters.  My hpcboot.cf shows, for instance,
"n\0e\0t\0b\0s\0d\0\0".  If the data is written to the file correctly,
check that your storage card is really named "Storage Card" and the file
is really named "freesoft.gz" (and hasn't had an invisible extension added
somehow along the way).  If it still doesn't work, perhaps this system has
a funky idea of where the root directory is?

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com