Subject: Adaptec AWN8030 wireless PCMCIA card support?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Underwood <tim@underwoodfamily.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/04/2004 15:10:57
I got my Kingston 1GB CF card, and have the system swapped over from my
PCMCIA hard drive to the CF card (yaayyy!).

So I can now use the PCMCIA slot for other things.  I had been using a
Dlink DCF-650W in the CF slot, and worked fine.  I have a PCMCIA adapter
for the card, and it still works fine in the PCMCIA slot also.

However, I also have an Adaptec AWN8030 802.11b card that I'd prefer to
use (a bit better antenna), but when I insert the card, all I get is:
"Adaptec, Wireless PC Card V3.0, (manufacturer 0x9005, product 0x0021)
at pcmcia1, function 0 not configured"

This card uses a Prism 2.5 chipset (the Dlink uses a Prism 2 chipset),
so it should work.  I assume it simply is not being recognized by the
driver.  Is there any way to configure it so it will "attach" to wi0?

Thanks.